Our pottery programme covers all the basic making techniques and gives students the opportunity to work with a full palette of clays.
It includes courses for absolute beginners as well as workshops for experienced advanced students. Surface decoration is emphasised in our new courses, which introduce a whole range of new techniques. Colourful tile making in deep relief and large-scale decorative-usefull ceramics are offered here for the first time.
- Throwing and turning, hand building, modelling, press moulding and simple mould making
- Decorative techniques including brushwork, stencils, resists, coloured inlay, slips and glazes
- Courses devoted specifically to earthenware
- Functional tableware
- Sculptural forms and vessels, including those on an animal theme
- Pots, dishes, vases, figures and large-scale ceramic sculptures